Sunday, December 25, 2005

The Longest Day of the Year

While some think that December 21st, the first day of winter, is the longest day of the year I have to say that is a misconception.

The longest day of the year is Christmas Day when you are Jewish. The movie times were lousy, my husband didn't feel well so he took a two hour nap.. and the day wore on and on and on. We couldn't go out for the annual Chinese Food dinner since he couldn't eat much. Ulcers will do that to you. What a long day. I couldn't even slip away to the supermarket because nothing is open.

We did get to light candles on this first night of Chanukah with our grandchildren. Some 400 miles away we were able to do it together over the phone. For that I am very grateful! It warmed my heart.

But I am still oh so bored on this longest day of the year. Good grief.. once a year is enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home